Close Close
Get in touch today, feel free to ask us anything

Call Us

Tel 0300 131 7300


Islington & Shoreditch Housing Association (ISHA)
102 Blackstock Road
London N4 2DR

0300 131 7300

Welcome to Islington and Shoreditch Housing Association

0300 131 7300


Help and support in your local area

An man assisting an elderly woman

This news story signposts you to assistance and support in your local area. It covers getting help with energy bills, vouchers for food and fuel, getting to know people in your local community, financial matters, applications for benefits like Universal Credit and other resources to help you stay happy and safe in your home.

Food and fuel vouchers for Hackney residents

ISHA is partnered with Hackney Council to deliver its Household Support Fund as part of their Poverty Reduction Strategy. If you’re finding it difficult to manage financially, you may be entitled to £100 of fuel or shopping vouchers.

To qualify for the vouchers, you’ll need to be an ISHA resident living in Hackney and part of a household which includes one or more of the following:

  • people of pension age
  • dependent children
  • someone with a disability or who is classed as vulnerable.

If you think you qualify and would like to find out more information, call 0300 131 7300. Vouchers are limited to one per household for the financial year.

One-off fuel vouchers

If you're at risk of disconnection because of a lack of credit on your pre-payment energy meter, we can apply on your behalf for one-off top-up fuel vouchers through the Housing Association Charitable Trust (HACT). Call us on 0300 131 7300 for more information.

Energy grants and advice


You can contact SHINE for grants or advice on heating and insulating your home.

Islington Debt Relief Fund

This is a SHINE grant which can pay up to £300 for people in debt with their energy supplier.

EDF grant scheme

SHINE has a separate grant scheme for EDF customers who are in fuel poverty which pays £150 towards their electricity costs.


SHINE can also arrange for an ‘Energy Doctor’ to visit your home for a bespoke assessment of how you can save on your energy bills. For more information or to apply for a grant, call 0800 953 1221 or email

Energy Saving Trust

The Energy Saving Trust website has information about saving energy in your home, renewable electricity, and energy-efficient products.

Keeping warm in your home

Food banks

If you are struggling to put food on the table, ISHA can refer you to food banks and issue food bank vouchers. Call 0300 131 7300 for more information.

Housing or tenancy issues

If you’re concerned about anti-social behaviour, noise nuisance, domestic violence, or a health and safety issue, you should contact your Tenancy Officer by emailing or calling 0300 131 7300.

Financial help

If you’re concerned about debt or arrears, we can help you with budgeting, checking whether you may be entitled to other benefits and grant applications. Call 0300 131 7300 or email for more information.

Social tariffs for broadband and mobile phones

If you receive Universal Credit, Pension Credit or some other benefits you may be eligible for a social tariff (sometimes called an essential or basic package) for broadband or a mobile contract. The service is the same as a regular package but are significantly cheaper, with prices typically around £10-£23 per month. To apply, contact your existing provider or call us on 0300 131 7300 and we can assist you with your research and potentially changing to a different tariff.

Supporting you to live in your own home

If you need aids or adaptations made to your home, are thinking about moving home or considering a home swap, our Tenancy Team can help. You can contact them on 0300 131 7300 or by emailing

Get involved with your local community

If you’d like to get to know your neighbours better or want to find out more about events happening where you live, email

Support for Vietnamese residents

If you’re one of our Vietnamese residents and need help in your own language, call us on 0300 131 7300 to speak with our dedicated Vietnamese Outreach Support Officer.

Other help and support where you live

Information about staying safe, money, mental health services, substance use, older people’s services, and accessing employment support and training.

More information

If you have any questions about the help and support we offer or need more information, call us on 0300 131 7300.

Vietnamese text explaining how to get information in that language

Read more news stories

Report a repair

Pay rent online

Get involved